Murphy - The Skulls #2 - Sam Crescent

01:22:00 Victoria 0 Comments


Sum up: (Goodreads)

Tate Johnson is the daughter of the motorcycle club leader and has decided The Skulls has hurt her one too many times. Moving out of her home and cutting her ties from the only family she knows, she starts a life for herself, hoping to create new memories.

Murphy abandoned Tate for the sake of the club, but now he’s back, determined to win the love she once felt for him. But, Tate’s not letting go without a fight. She’s stubborn and refuses to listen to him.

The Club is in lockdown when two local cops are killed. An attack is ordered on Tate, but no one knows the identity of the person intent on taking down The Skulls and controlling the town of Fort Wills. No one is safe as the club is compromised. Lives are lost, people are hurt, and some will never be the same again. Everything comes down to Murphy, and he has to make a choice.

He can save his club … or his woman. Which will he choose?

Murphy - The Skulls #2 - Sam Crescent


Some scenes contain sexual and violent contents that may offend sensibilities of readers.

This is not a standalone novel. I advise you to read Lash first.

Plot:

Tate has known Murphy since she was 16. It may have started out as a simple friendship to her but slowly they became more. No matter what life threw at them, they always stuck together. But everything changed when Murphy switched MC club for a secret mission no one knows about but some club members. When he left, Tate was more than devastated. But then she decided to live by her new mantra « Be the bitch he thought you’d be. »

The first time Murphy met with Tate, he was on babysitting duty. He was a prospect and she was the president's daughter. The more time they spent together, the more attracted he felt to her. But nothing is that easy. When he hears that Tate may be in great danger, he steps in the mission his brothers gave him: infiltrate the Lions Club MC and destroy them from within. That would also mean giving Tate up.  

Now that Murphy is back, he will stop at nothing to make Tate his but there may be only one slight problem: some people would take great pleasure in threatening the club and Tate.


Opinion:

The first book made me reluctant to read this one. I didn't really like Lash because I felt like he was a d*ck most of the time. I also know that the few glimpses I got from Tate did not really make me want to know more. And yet... This book was far better than the first one. 

In this book, Sam Crescent gave us some throwbacks into the past and we get to see the evolution of the relationship between Tate and Murphy. Damn, they were too cute! We feel the chemistry between the two of them but also the weight of everything that has been left unsaid. We feel Tate's hurt and Murphy's guilt. 

Tate can be hard to figure out but I really liked her for several reasons. 
Firstly, she doesn’t take s*it from anyone.
Secondly she is not the kind of girl to wait for a man. She will do what she has to do. 
Thirdly, she knows what she wants and she will stop at nothing. Finally a woman who stands her ground, which — obviously — scares men away. But not Murphy. 

What pissed me off though is that no one understood why Tate needed some distance with the club. I mean, sometimes people deserve to be put first and to think about them first. I mean, you deserve to live the life you want and not only be second-best. Everyone thinks she is a b*tch when she just wants to come first and she has to apologize to everyone but she shouldn't.

Regarding Murphy... I think I just fell in love with him. His devotion to Tate just made me melt down like an ice-cream in the sun. He would cut his arm off before he would leave her again. They are probably one of my favorite couple, ever! 

Be ready to be introduced to new characters: the old Lions club members (Killer, Time and Whizz) but also Kelsey (Tate's new best friend)… 

I cannot wait to read what will happen between Eva and Tiny. They finally got to sleep together but the poor woman screamed out loud that it was the worst night ever, haha! I am just dead. And that ending though... it cannot be considered as a cliffhanger but damn, you really want to know what will happen with Nash...


Excerpts:

"I love you, Murphy. It doesn’t make any sense, and you don’t need to say anything to me, but I needed you to know how I feel.” She waited for him to curse or growl. He did neither. His hand banded around her waist, tugging her close. “I could be fucking killed for the way I feel about you.” Tate gasped as his head lowered. “I’ve told myself time and time again to leave you the fuck alone. You don’t need me in your life. You’re Tiny’s daughter. You deserve so much more than me, but I can’t stay away. I love you too damn much.” His lips claimed hers, making her moan. She gripped his arms, needing to get closer to him."

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: