Force of Temptation - Mercury Pack #2 - Suzanne Wright

01:24:00 Victoria 0 Comments


Sum up: (Goodreads)

Harley Vincent is resigned to life in the human world. Sure, being a margay shifter is half her nature, but life among humans gives her the freedom to roam and do as she pleases. That is, until anti-shifter extremists target her, putting her life in immediate danger.

When an old acquaintance and onetime fling, Jesse Dalton, shows up to offer the protection of his pack, Harley hesitates. She may have feelings for Jesse that go beyond their one-night stand, but life among shifters means giving over her independence to the needs of pack. Plus Mercury Pack has its own threat to face: a rich half-shifter is determined to claim their territory at any cost.

Jesse, who lost his true mate as a child, has wanted Harley since their night together, and he’s not letting her go again. They may not be destined for each other, but he knows she belongs to him and with his pack. Even if he can convince her to join him now, can he convince her to stay?


Force of Temptation - Mercury Pack #2 - Suzanne Wright


Some scenes contain sexual and violent contents that may offend sensibilities of readers.


Plot:

Welcome back to Mercury Pack territory! Force of Temptation is the second book of Mercury Pack. 

Meet Jesse Dalton the pack enforcer of the Mercury Pack. When he was barely a teenager, he lost his true mate who knocked her head and drowned in a lake and her sister overdosed a few years later. Needless to say that since then, his wolf has been damaged and Jesse has taken everything at heart and very seriously. The only person he could hang on to at the time was Harley Vincent. She is the only one who could bring him back from his dark thoughts.

And three years ago, they spend one night together. One night was enough for him to know that he wanted her permanently in his life. He woke up the next morning, only to find her gone. For three years, he kept tabs on her, followed her from far away. That was until one of the pack's child who is also a seer told him that in one of her visions, Harley was going to die. Jesse knows, it is now or never.

Harley Vincent is half Margay Shifter and half human. She lived first in a pack - Jesse's first pack - but she never truly felt like she belonged. She was hold responsible to Jesse's sister overdosing. Being constantly accused exhausted her and she left to live among humans and with her aunt, Tessa. But again, she felt like she didn't belong there either.

“Home isn’t always a place, sweetheart. Home is something that anchors you, comforts you, and is a safe haven for you.” He rubbed his nose against hers. “Let me be that for you, Harley.”

Since she was a child, she only had eyes for Jesse. When she slept with him three years ago, she didn't expect anything from the enforcer. But now he is back in her life and he is determined to keep her as his mate. And when danger is closer than they both thought, threatening their life and the well-being of Mercury Pack, Jesse will stop at nothing to protect Harley, no matter what she says.


Opinion:

God, I feel like this writer could never do wrong with the Phoenix and Mercy pack series. She knows how to write funny and sexy stories. I have to admit that I was slightly worried before starting this book because Jesse and Harley are not true mates. What if Harley was always compared to his true mate and so on, but it actually felt like as if they were true mates. They have known each other for years and they cared deeply for each other even before Jesse wanted to claim Harley. 

I loved both characters. Harley is funny, loyal, sassy, badass... She is just everything I want to be. She does not want to let herself be dominated by people. Everyone walked on her when she was younger and she is done with that. Harley has bee harassed and threatened by extremists for a few years now because of her father who is now in jail. Her mother has always put her in second place. She only found comfort in Jesse and then her aunt, Tessa.
I loved that this heroine was not a wolf but a margay. Margays are just way too cute. I loved her animal and all its characteristics (the purrs, oh yes!), especially when defending her mate.

 Jesse is very pushy, domineering, sexy, super-protective... He just stole my heart, my breath, my soul, my body... everything! He lived in a world of pain and loss until Harley walked on his life and now he is so ready to take her as his mate. Not true mate, but still. 

This book was just amazing, the plot was awesome with more action that you could hope for... I highly recommend you to read this book. RIGHT. NOW!


Excerpts:

“I don’t play games, Harley, so I’ll tell you straight. I want you. In my bed. In my life. Where you belong."


"I'm asking you to forsake your true mate. I'm asking you to step back into a world that let you down. I'm asking you to give me every part of you. And I'm asking you to accept every part of me-a lot of those parts are dark and broken."


"Really, it was inevitable. I'll tell you how it's going to work: I'll claim you, you'll claim me, you'll come to trust the pack, you'll settle here, we'll imprint, and we'll be fucking happy."
Harley could only stare at him. "You've got things all all planned out, huh?"



“When I woke up this morning and you were right there, I felt…calm.” It was hard to him to explain, but he wanted her to know. “I’m used to feeling restless Inside. You bring me peace.”



You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: