Wicked Cravings - Phoenix Pack #2 - Suzanne Wright

01:37:00 Victoria 0 Comments


Sum up: (Goodreads)

Despite having been besotted with Dante Garcea since she was a child, wolf shifter Jaime Farrow figures that it’s time to move past the crush. If he wanted her, he wouldn’t have ignored her flirtatious behavior, right? Hiding her intense attraction to him isn’t easy – especially now that they're part of the same pack again – but with bigger issues to worry about and with the submissive wolf act to maintain, Jaime is resolute on moving forward. Now if only the workaholic control-freak would let her…

As the pack Beta, Dante doesn't have the space or time in his life for a relationship. As such, he ignores his intense hunger for the willful – and sometimes crazy – Jaime. Yet when her flirtations abruptly end, Dante finds that he doesn’t like losing her attention. He finds something else too – Jaime's hiding something. Determined to uncover her secret, he sets out to break through her defenses, even though being around her intensifies his cravings for her. What he finds is a problem that Jaime is convinced not even a powerful Beta can solve.

Wicked Cravings - Phoenix Pack #2 - Suzanne Wright


Some scenes contain sexual and violent contents that may offend sensibilities of readers.

Plot:

Dante is the Beta of the Phoenix Pack. He left everything behind to go with Trey and form this pack. Nothing is more important to him than his responsibilities as a Beta. He is strong, he will stop at nothing to protect every member of his pack, he is determined and super dominant. Well... he is like an alpha but in the beta version (I know, too easy!). Dante has never truly known what fun means. The only fun he has ever known is from time to time escaping a bit his responsibilities with faceless women. He does not feel that he can have a mate because of his responsibilities. He is scared that a mate could be too demanding and ask him to leave his place as a Beta. Years ago, he did love a woman to the point of almost mating her but she left him... for his brother (ouch!).

Jamie Farrow belonged to the same pack as Trey and Dante until Trey was forced to leave. She remained with her previous pack a bit longer before joining the Phoenix Pack. She has known Dante her whole life and she always had a crush on him. But over the years she understood that Dante will never act on it. So she moved on... or at least she tries. But she is also keeping a dark secret that could threaten the pack. Only her brother knows this secret but there's only so much a man can do to help his sister. Because of this secret, she will never be able to ever claim her true mate, a decision that deeply hurts her.Thus she is determined to stick to relationships with humans.

When Dante realizes that he misses Jamie's attention more than anything, he (finally) decides to act on it (boy did that take him long!). And that man is all-Alpha, so when he decides to chase down Jamie, he does not waste time. But Jamie's secret is on his way and he will stop at nothing to find out what she is hiding from everyone. But what if it meant that he had to choose between his pack well-being and Jamie's life?


Opinion:

I loved it! I loved it! I loved it! Jamie and Dante became my new favorite couple! I liked the first book of the Phoenix Pack series but this one was just amazing! The two characters had such great chemistry together, it was amazing! (did I say that I found this book was amazing?).They are both crazy in their heads, stubborn, possessive as hell and both afraid of opening to the other.

I adored Jamie character. She is funny, loving, she cares deeply for the people she loves... And man! she can hold herself against Dante... and Greta!

“Any tips on how to deal with Old Mother Hubbard here? You’ve known her longer than I have.” Jaime pursed her lips.
“Don’t get light in her eyes, don’t get her wet, and never feed her after midnight.”

She had a traumatic experience when she was barely a child that marked her but instead of lamenting herself and cursing at everyone, she found strength in this awful experience. She never gives up on anything or anyone. 

Dante... Dante... Dante... just the name makes me want to run for a cold shower! He was just the best. The moment he realizes that he wants Jamie, he refused to hear the word "No". He is not scared and he deeply cares for everyone in his pack... but he still cares more for Jamie. And he is not scared to stand for Jamie when things get ugly and everyone is turning their back to her. 

I swear this writer knows better than anyone how to create a beautiful love story. It made me want to find my Jamie and just fall in love too.  Now go read it instead of reading my review, haha!


Excerpts:

"Know this, too: if you ever get an idea like that again, I'll know, baby, and I'll spank your ass so damn hard there'll be a permanent handprint right there."
"She gave him a cheeky smile. "As long as you understand there'll be a matching one on your face."

“You’re mine and only mine.”
“And you’re mine, you possessive, overprotective, controlling bastard.”

“Look at me, Jaime. Look at me.”
Finally, she did.
“I want this. I’m keeping you. If you think you have a choice, that’s not my problem.”
“Keeping me? I’m not a stray kitten, I’m a person.”
“If you were a stray kitten, I’d give you a kick up the ass and walk away.”
She did a double take.
“You’d kick a kitten?”
“I’d kick Hunk if I didn’t think the gremlin would eat my foot.”


“Now you’re just being selfish,” Dominic said to Jaime, shaking his head. “You have that body for the rest of your life. I only want it for one night.”
Not in the mood to hear his packmate making moves—no matter how playful—on the female he intended to claim, Dante growled. “Dominic, no. Not to Jaime.”
“But—”
“No.”
Dominic sighed in resignation. “Okay, fine.”
Noticing that Trey seemed to find the whole thing extremely amusing, Dante raised a brow at him. “It’s funny now that he’s not saying this shit to Taryn?”
Trey smiled. “Of course.”
“I’ve always got some stored up for my gorgeous Alpha female,” said Dominic with an impish grin.
Instantly Trey’s smile fell from his face. “Dom, don’t do it.”
Dominic held his hands up, pleading innocence. “I was just going to ask her if she went to Boy Scouts…because she has my heart all tied in knots.”
Taryn groaned and chuckled at the same time.”


You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: