Feral Sins - Phoenix Pack #1 - Suzanne Wright

02:10:00 Victoria 0 Comments


Sum up: (Goodreads)

If your inner wolf and your body react rather enthusiastically to a psychotic Alpha male who’s own wolf has a tendency to turn feral, it can’t be a good thing, can it? Entering into a bargain with him wouldn’t be good either. Unfortunately, Taryn Warner, a latent wolf shifter, doesn’t have many options open to her right now. Okay, she has no options. Basically it comes down to whether she’ll do what it takes to escape the arranged mating with the sick SOB that her father set up. As the answer in this case is yes, it looks as though she’ll have to agree to Trey Coleman’s deal…she’ll have to mate with him instead.

Having always disliked shifter politics, Trey Coleman hadn’t bothered trying to form alliances with other packs. Now that his uncle – a wolf with many alliances – means to take Trey’s territory and his pack, he has no option but to form some alliances of his own very quickly or he’ll be easily outnumbered in the upcoming battle. He figures that the easiest way to do that would be to mate with a female whose Alpha is powerful and influential. There’s only one problem with that – he would then be stuck with her, and the last thing Trey wants is a mate. When he hears of Taryn’s situation, he offers her a deal – if she falsely claims he’s her true mate and allows him to claim her, he’ll save her from her arranged mating and then let her leave after the battle with his uncle is over.

Sounds like a pretty straightforward deal...but soon Taryn and Trey realize they got more than they bargained for. Their mating instincts to protect and possess are weighing on them, they crave each other’s touch and company, and their inner wolves don’t like it whenever they’re apart. Add in that they’ll have to deal with this for an entire three months until the day of the battle finally arrives, and they’ve got themselves a recipe for disaster – or maybe for something quite the opposite.

Feral Sins - The Phoenix Pack #1 - Suzanne Wright

Some scenes contain sexual and violent contents that may offend sensibilities of readers.

Plot:

Taryn Warner is a latent, healer wolf who is constantly brought down by her father. Ashamed to have a daughter who cannot eve shift, her dad wants her to mate with the (sadistic and ugly) Alpha for an alliance between the two packs.

When she is kidnapped by the Phoenix Pack Sentinels, she seizes the opportunity to bargain. Trey Coleman - the Phoenix Pack Alpha - wants an alliance with her father and she wants an out to the forced mating her dad wants to impose. Both lost they true mates when they were young, so they know it will only be a convenient mating. They reach an agreement and they will both pretend to meet for the first time in a bar and fake the real mating.
But when a latent wolf ends up with a feral wolf, nothing good can come out of it, right?

Even though it seemed pretty easy on paper to fake the mating, it becomes harder and harder for them to not emotionally get involved. The attraction is here but will they really want it to push it further?


Opinion:

I really liked this book. Suzanne Wright is definitely a writer I will keep tabs on. She has a really smooth writing and she knows how to build a good romance with lots of humour. The characters were funny and so moving. The love story between Taryn and Trey seems impossible at first because both of them have doubts and fears. But I enjoyed seeing the evolution of the characters feelings.

And you know how I love books with Alpha males. Well, trust me, this one is just perfection for this! I mean, you read this book, you need at least five cold showers to calm down! (don't tell me I didn't warn you!) ;) 
Trey is sexy, possessive, protective, loving... He didn't have an easy start in life with his father constantly beating the hell out of him. He was young when he was cast out of his pack and had to form his own pack. He knows what responsibilities mean but he never understood what love meant until Taryn.

“You just don’t get it, do you? You have no idea how important you are to me. I need you to be okay, Taryn. I can’t be without you, you have to be here and okay or I won’t be able to fucking function.”

Taryn is a character that you can easily relate to. She is pure Alpha too but she also has a sensibility that makes you want to hug her. She is funny, sarcastic, powerful, adorable... She is everything you could possibly look for. 
But the best part of this book was the meeting between Taryn and Greta - Trey's grandmother. Damn! The two of them were just too good!

Greta huffed at Taryn. "In my day mates weren't allowed to live together until after the mating ceremony."
"In your day a guy named Noah was building an ark."
Another one? :)

“I like knowing you’re safe.”
“And yet you haven’t thrown out your inherently evil grandmother.”
Chuckling, he shaped her waist with his hands.
“I know she’s being a little difficult right now, but she’s one of those people who grow on you.”
“No, she’s one of those people who are like Slinkies.”
“Slinkies?”
“Yeah. Basically useless, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.”

Dominic is also a hilarious character! I just love when you have somber, serious characters mixed with very funny, light characters.

The only negative point I found in this book was one scene that made me cringe and it seemed absolutely not logical for its presence in this book. You will probably understand when you will read the scene. I mean, it was steamy hot but still... it didn't really fit in this book. The characters' personalities should have made it impossible. I mean, Trey is completely Alpha and Taryn too, so it made no sense to me but whatever. 


Excerpts:

"Love is giving someone power to completely destroy you, and hoping that they won't."

"Taryn, are you even listening to me?"
"I pretended to, so let that be enough."


“I’d never purposely hurt you. Never. I’m a man which means I’ll fuck up. Regularly. I’m not good with words, I spout crap when I’m angry, and I’m about as romantic as a pebble. But…See, I’m not good with words. All I can say is you’re important to me in a way I can’t explain or understand. More important to me than anything else.”

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: