Rock Chick Reawakening - Rock Chick #0.5 - Kristen Ashley

06:11:00 Victoria 0 Comments

Sum up: (Goodreads)

From New York Times bestselling author, Kristen Ashley, comes the long-awaited story of Daisy and Marcus, Rock Chick Reawakening. A prequel to Kristen’s Rock Chick series, Rock Chick Reawakening shares the tale of the devastating event that nearly broke Daisy, an event that set Marcus Sloane—one of Denver’s most respected businessmen and one of the Denver underground’s most feared crime bosses—into finally making his move to win the heart of the woman who stole his.

Some scenes contain sexual and violent contents that may offend the sensibilities of readers.

Plot:

So if you've known a bit of Kristen Ashley's work, you probably heard of the Rock Chicks. If not, this is a huge mistake and you need to buy the book RIGHT! NOW! And I mean right now. Don't even finish reading this review. Just go already! 

We've already seen Marcus Sloan and Daisy in the previous Rock Chicks books. Marcus Sloan is this bad guy who will make your heart melt while Daisy is this perfect Southern woman who looks like Dolly Parton. We knew that Daisy had been a stripper in her past and what a stripper she was - one of the best! 

What we can say is that our poor, lovely Daisy didn't have it easy in her life. She grew up in a bad environment. She didn't properly have a family: her dad was a rude man who didn't mind manhandling her from time to time before leaving and her mum was one of the worst woman who ever walked and breathed on this Earth. 

"A woman like you should have had a momma who loved her. A daddy who adored her. Friends who thought the world of her. She should have grown up every day knowing that straight to her soul, never doubting it, not for a second."

She was abused, neglected and yet, she remained one of the strongest woman. Along her life, Daisy met people who gave her courage and taught her lessons. Stretch, Annamae, Smithie, Marcus, the Rock Chicks... they all played an important role at different stage of her life. 

Marcus set eyes on her and he knows he wants her and he will stop at nothing to have her. However, he needs to take care of some business first. When she becomes his, he wants to be fully devoted to her without having other stuff on his head. But this wait ends badly. 
All Daisy's sanity is threatened after an horrific event that left her broken. Marcus decides that now is finally the time to step up. But Daisy does not want anything to have to do with him. She wants to be left alone. Little did she know that this handsome man knows more than one way to make a woman give in. Let's just say that they are both stubborn. However, love always finds its way. 

This emotional story is essentially focused on the alchemy between Marcus and Daisy and how they can both overcome the awful lessons their childhood taught them. In the other Rock Chick books, you had the love story at the center of the plot but you also had like a bad guy to catch or some explosive revelations or whatever. Here, you only see a love story growing between two characters who are very different and yet, they both share powerful feelings for each other. 

Opinion:

I cannot tell you how long I had been waiting for this book to be released. The more we knew about all the Rock Chicks, the more I fell in love with Daisy and Marcus. I was curious to know how they met, how Daisy became a stripper, how they finally got together... 

Daisy is this kind of woman who has a heart of gold and could lay her life for yours even though life has been quite a b**** with her. She does not give a care in the world what other people think about her being a stripper as long as she can pay for her house and her Porsche. She is strong and she has pride. She knows where she comes from and she knows where she wants to get. 

Marcus was like all the other guy from the Rock Chicks series: a super-protective, cute, adorable sensitive badass guy! He will stop at nothing to protect Daisy and he won't take "no" as an answer. He barely caught a glimpse of Daisy that he knew he had to have her. And man, what a journey it was! 

"You shouldn't have laughed."
"Pardon?"
"I might have let you be, but you laughed."
Oh Lord.

Marcus was very discreet in the previous books of the Rock Chick series but here, he steals everything. We can only see and feel him. He is passionate, devoted, caring... he is a man in love! And he knows how to find the right words. After everything that happened to Daisy, he wants to be the perfect gentleman and he wants to handle her with care. 

"I'll handle you with care. I'll always handle you with care. I will never, not ever, Daisy, give you reason to leave me. I won't cheat on you. I won't beat you. The gambles I take will be in business only, but you'll always be covered financially regardless. I like to drink but I never drink too much. I've never taken drugs in my life. I like control and you can't be in control inebriated or stoned. To end, you're safe with me. You'll get from me only what you deserve, which is everything I can give you doing it handling you with care. [...] If I break any of those promises, you're free to leave me. If I don't, you're not. Not ever. If something isn't working, we talk it out and make it work. Which means we'll always work so there will be no reason to leave."

From the beginning, you know they're gonna end up together (at least if you know the Rock Chick series) and it was just a question of how long it would take Marcus to make Daisy give in and move in with him. And the both of them together, they were explosive. They are stubborn, they have pride but they are so sweet to each other. 

"The only last name you'll ever really have is Sloan."

I cannot tell you how sad I was when this book ended. I would've loved for this book to be endless despite the perfect ending Kristen Ashley came up with. Hopefully we will have a whole series around the Rock Chicks' children. That would make my day - if not my life!

At least now I can re-read the whole Rock Chick series! Big 10 out of 5. You rock, Kristen Ashley!

Excerpts:

"You're falling in love with me?"
I drew in a breath.
Then I lifted my head and looked down at him.
God, he wasn't handsome.
He was everything.
"I was," I answered.
His sated gaze went guarded.
"You were?"
"That ship has sailed, sugar. And I'm on it. It's called," I drawled out my last, "the Love Boat."
And I grinned when, under me and all around, I heard, saw, and felt my man burst out laughing.

"You. You're the dream a girl like me never thought she could dream."

"I love you so much, I don't even know what to do with all of it," I whispered.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: