Vampire Diaries - Final episode season 8

05:07:00 Victoria 0 Comments


Who watched the final episode of the final season of Vampire Diaries and cried rivers? I did.

/!\ SPOILERS ALERT /!\



I have to admit that after season 5 it became harder for me to catch up with every episode because the intrigue did not appeal to me anymore.
The characters did not always evolve: Damon got sloppy always mourning for Elena, Stefan reminded me of a puppy that would repeatedly get kicked by his brother, the whole story seemed to continuously be centered around Elena, the new villains were not truly villains anymore, the humanities being swtiched-on and off... If you followed the TV series, you probably understand what I mean.

When I learned that season 8 would be the final season, I knew I had to catch up. I basically grew up with this TV series through high school and more. I got attached to the characters over time. So basically, I watched season 7 and 8 in a matter of a week. I liked the beginning of seasons 7 and 8 but then it would always go back to things scenarists had already done. For me it was a big NO. 
At least, season 8 was slightly more interesting than season 7 with the intervention of the sirens and the comeback of previous characters. 

Characters and couples:
I was fond of some characters and couples that got together these last two seasons. I know that many people disliked Stefan and Caroline together. But I really liked them together. For me it was meant to be. I felt like the character of Caroline was the only one who actually evolved throughout the TV series. She was the brat cheerleader who wanted to be the most popular of high school. Now she is a mom and a soon-to-be wife. She grew up so much! 

Damon with Elena... that's another story! He lost his interest when he got (apparently) madly in love with her. Everything revolved around her and it is just like he stopped thinking on his own. Remember when he was the big villain in season 1? Yup, completely forgot that he could be mean and interesting. 

Bonnie and Enzo... I just fell in love with them over and over again with every episode. Enzo was such an a** in the previous seasons. Who could have known that he had a deep romantic soul? Bonnie became stronger with him and I was so happy that she finally got the chance to taste some happiness after everything she went through. 

The ending:
So if you watched the final episode, you know that Stefan dies, leaving his new bride by herself. Jeez! I was so sad for Caroline. Stefan was reunited with Lexie. I couldn't help but squeal when I saw her. I missed her so much! Anyway, Caroline went through so much and now, she lost her love. She is also the last remaining vampire in Mystic Falls. It makes me sad to think that she will watch all of her friends grow old and die, including her children. At least the opening with Klaus' letter cheered me up a bit.

Bonnie is now traveling the world with Enzo whispering in her ear. She cannot hear him but he is watching over her. This broke me. I mean, Stefan killed him. He killed the only true love of Bonnie. She also went through so much in eight seasons and she only got a half happy ending. She deserved so much more. I mean, she looked happy but I wanted her to be happy with Enzo. 

Elena and Damon are now finally back together and they are both humans. They are free to live the lives they want and Elena becomes a nurse. At the really end of the episode, Elena and Damon are reunited with their relatives. Elena joins her family and her aunt Jenna. Damon goes back to his house where Stefan is waiting for him. The final "Hello, brother" was just the perfect way to end this season and this series. It started like that and it finishes the same way. It was just perfection! 

Let's not forget all the previous characters who come back: Jenna, Vicki, Tyler, Jo, Elena's parents, John, Kai, Katherine, Jeremy... I was so glad the scenarists managed to gather all the previous characters for this final episode. It made it just perfect!


What did you think of this final episode?




You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: