Night Prince Saga - Jeaniene Frost

02:24:00 Victoria 0 Comments


Warning! This article will contain one general review of the three Night Prince released books. So it may contain spoilers.

Sum Up: (Goodreads)

First book

She's a mortal with dark powers...
After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire...



He's the Prince of Night...
Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all—but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him—a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.

Picture of Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost


Second book

Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges...
Leila's psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn't sure what the future holds. If that weren't enough, her lover, Vlad, has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she's also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won't admit that he loves her.



Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity...
Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity.


Picture of Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost


Third book


Play with fire, pay the price.
Leila’s years on the carnie circuit were certainly an education. What she didn’t learn: how to be a vampire, or how to be married to the most famous vampire of them all. Adjusting to both has Leila teetering on a knife edge between passion and peril, and now the real danger is about to begin…


Vlad must battle with a centuries-old enemy whose reach stretches across continents and whose strength equals his own. It isn’t like Vlad to feel fear, but he does…for Leila, because his enemy knows she is Vlad’s greatest weakness. As friend and foe alike align against him—and his overprotectiveness drives Leila away—Vlad’s love for his new bride could be the very thing that dooms them both…


Picture of Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost

Some scenes contain sexual contents that may offend the sensibilities of readers.

Plot:
Soooo I read this series a long time ago but as Halloween is coming closer, I thought it would be nice to do a little review of these three books. 
Basically, the story starts with Leila - also known as Frankie - a young woman with some unusual skills. What do I mean by that? Oh, she can see people's past, present and future just by touching them. She is a telepath. How did she get this skill? She nearly died when an electric pole fell down on her. Now, electricity runs along her right hand, thus she needs to permanently wear a glove. She is well aware that there are not just Human beings on Earth but also other creatures. Hell, her best friend is a vampire. 
Anyway, she is kidnapped by 3 vampires who ask her to find someone else, another vampire far more powerful than they are. She "connects" with him through an object they have her. And damn, how they connect! She is surprised when she understands that he can actually read her mind. Desperate time calls for desperate measures! She asks him to help her get rid off the other vampires. 
Even though Vlad actually flies - as literally flies - from Romania to the U.S to rescue Leila, he is not ready to let her go just yet and together, they intend to know who wants to bring Vlad down. 


So this will be our main lead throughout the series. But of course, you add torture, love, familial crisis, couple crisis, jealousy... But most of all, just count on Vlad to be the perfect alpha-male readers need! 
"This is our true tie", he whispered, his breath falling hotly onto my lips. "You're meant for me, and I will have you." 
Let me just tell you that the end of the first book will leave you hanging. I was frustrated because it did not have a proper end. But then, the second book had already been released, so I could not really complain now, could I? 

I liked that Jeaniene Frost kept the same Vlad we had glimpse of in the Night Huntress series. He is very introverted when comes the moment to admit his feelings to Leila. But he is fierce, protective, loving, intimidating, dangerous... Man, I could continue like that the whole day! 

I was scared for a moment that Leila would be a constant damsel in distress but she actually is a badass. She did not have an easy life but it does not stop her to live her life fully and according to her rules. She is honest, pure and loyal.

Vlad made a sound too harsh to be a growl. "You won't be satisfied until you've brought me to my knees, is that it?"
"Why not?" It shot out of me with all the recklessness of my still-broken heart. "you brought me to mine."  

Together, they are just SUPER HOT! The second book will develop more in-depth the attraction between Vlad and Leila. They have misunderstandings that will put their couple through rough times (this is without talking about all the twists that happen in this second book). But let me tell you that when Vlad knows he has just f***ed-up, he fixes it in huuuuuuuuge ways (I am trying not to spoil anything but this is sooooo hard!). He knows what he wants and he won't take "no" as an answer. 

He'd wanted all of me and that's what I'd given him. Did it mean I had nothing left.
"No", he muttered, voice thick with passion. "You have me, and I love you."  

But the third book, the pair becomes one. They are more and more used to each other and they become the cuter thing ever. They feel more like equals. 

I can only tell you that I am both impatient and dreadful for the last book of this series. Impatient because of the twist there is at the end of the third book and dreadful because I do not want it to end. 

Opinion:
We had already heard about Dracula in the Night Huntress series. I was not sure about this character at first. Even though I liked him in the Night Huntress series, I was not that into him. But I liked that we found a whole new side of him with this series. When he meets Leila, I fell in love. Their chemistry just gets stronger and stronger throughout the series. They are like the perfect couple. They almost won the first place in my heart. But Bones and Cat still remain on the first place. 

This series is just one of my favorite. I never felt bored a single time. There is one main thread throughout the series and then, you have different actions around it. You can also experience the development of Leila and Vlad's relationship. You can really see the difference between the first and the third book. 

I can only hope that you will like it as much as I do. For sure, I want my own Vlad!

Tags: book, books, book review, blog, blogger, book blogger, book community, romance, erotic, literature, fiction, Jeaniene Frost, Night Huntress, Night Prince

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: