Wild & Free - The Three #3 - Kristen Ashley

15:00:00 Victoria 0 Comments

 

Sum up: (Goodreads)

Abel Jin and Delilah Johnson have lived their lives with a hole in their soul, yearning for something they don’t understand.

Until one night Delilah is in mortal danger and a man who’s otherworldly strong and supernaturally fast saves her. Delilah is then cast into a world where fiction comes to life in the form of Abel, her destined mate, a vampire/werewolf hybrid who claims her at first breath as his.

But Abel knows the danger isn’t done. He’s dreamed for centuries that his mate will perish and he will stop at nothing to keep her safe.

For Delilah, she’s not only coping with fantasy come to life, but a mingling of very different families. Not to mention, she has on her hands a man who doesn’t understand his true nature and has lived his long life thinking he’s a monster.

Abel and Delilah together fills the hole that has been clawing at them for decades. But finally finding each other, it also tips their destinies as the last of The Three. They must unite with the other destined lovers, who with Abel and Delilah, are fated to save the world.

Or die trying.




This book contains violent and sexual scenes that may offend sensibilities of readers.

Plot:

Abel and Delilah have lived all their lives knowing something in their lives was missing. On a quest to find the hole within her soul, Lilah goes to Serpentine Bay without understanding why. Unfortunately, one night she is attacked by werewolves and vampires. Thankfully, she is saved last minute by a man with one brown eye and one blue eye. Instantly, they know what was missing in their lives. They don't understand it, but they know they are lifemates. However, despite barely meeting each other, they also learnt they are the remaining couple of the Three and they are bound to save the world or die trying... 

Opinion:

I loved this book. SO. MUCH. What did I love about ?
- How simple Lilah and Abel relationship was. It was uncomplicated, they trusted each other, they knew what the other needed without having to say it, they apologized when they made a mistake, they were honest... Best. relationship. ever. 

I’ve waited three lifetimes for you, and now that I’ve got you, I’m keepin’ you.

- Despite being a cool, strong, alpha male Abel had that sensitivity and innocence that came from him not knowing what he was and growing up thinking he was a monster. He had everything to learn and was a bit unsure about many things. Made me love him even more. 
- How confident Lilah was. She was comfortable in her own skin, trustworthy, respectful, understanding... She helped Abel a lot and I loved that for him! And she was never scared to not have much to bring during the fight. She never thought she was less worthy than the other couples. 
- Reading about all the other couples. Yes!! Leah/Lucian and Sonia/Callum are back! I was so happy about this. We even had some POV from these characters. I was so happy!! 
- The side love story between Aurora and Yuri. They were so cute together. I would have loved for them to have some short story within the series. It felt a bit rushed and I'm sure we could've had an amazing story with these two! 

I was pressed to the wall and held there by his body. 
“Searchin’,” he whispered, his different colored eyes burning into mine. “My whole life, searchin’ for something, missing something, something I did not know. Until I found you. And my whole life is a long fuckin’ life to be needing something I could not find.” 


However, I still have a couple of things that were a bummer while reading it. 
- Abel and his family calling women bitches or biker bitch. I mean, come on! That was not needed at all for the story. And the fact there was this mix with the biker world, it felt a bit weird. I felt like Kristen Ashley wanted to do 2-in-1. 
- We were expecting so much from the big war and final book, that I'm super disappointed that not much happened, if not to say nothing. Our heroes spent their time waiting and waiting and waiting and... waiting. And the final battle happened and finished quite quickly. I would have loved to see more actions. Maybe this book could have been divided in two: part one, Abel and Delilah's encounter and love story / part two, the final battle. 
- I can't believe I am going to say that but... a little bit too much sex. I feel like they didn't always bring anything. It was almost like KA didn't know what to write and she just thought "Okay, let's include a sex scene". 

Now I still did prefer this love story over the others because for me: 
- Lucian was the pain in the butt and I kind of hated him
- Leah was funny though 
- Callum was clumsy in everything and a bit too chauvinist for me
- Sonia was sweet though
- Abel was just perfect
- Delilah was perfect 

To conclude, it was an amazing read, but not perfect by any means! I liked the love story, but it is lacking in action scenes. This book is a great way to end this series!

Have you read it? Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts on this book :) 

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires: